Sunsets and sangria with your best girlfriends. If that sounds like the beginning of the perfect girlfriends getaway, then a trip to Alabama’s white-sand beaches should be on your calendar. Wondering how to plan the perfect girlfriend getaway? We have a few must-do activities and restaurants to suggest.
- Fisher’s Upstairs at Orange Beach Marina. Every girl needs a reason to dress up now and then. Fisher’s Upstairs offers the perfect opportunity! Relaxed yet refined, you’ll love the comfortable, coastal setting – but you’ll love the specialty drinks and entrées even more. James Beard nominee Chef Bill Briand is the executive chef.
- Flora-Bama. No girlfriend (or buddy) trip is complete without music and dancing at the famous Flora-Bama Lounge. Don’t worry about driving; there are several taxi companies nearby that offer fares as low as $5 a trip.
- Spa. A trip to the spa is probably implied during a girlfriend getaway. Fusion Spa at The Wharf offers a suite of services, including massages, pedicures, manicures and salon services.
- The Gulf. Fresh air, fresh food and fresh tunes. You’ll love the vibe at The Gulf. The restaurant is built from shipping containers, and all seating is outdoors with a view of Alabama Point. At night, relax on the sofas in the lounge area under white string lights or around a fire pit.
- Sunset Sail. You didn’t think we’d leave it out, did you? Pack a cooler of your favorite drinks, whether it’s sangria, wine, champagne, sweet tea or bottled water. Find a spot on the catamaran’s trampoline and watch the sun melt away into the Gulf of Mexico.